PESCA is the word for Peach in Italian. As a child one of my elementary school friends once came to visit and her mom brought over this delicious peach chocolate cake. My parents for a while were so obsessed with it my dad would make it all the time. My friend’s original recipe called for Bread Crumbs as well so perfect when made with left overs. This one instead calls for dark chocolate so it’s richer in flavor.
If trying to find amaretto cookies, I would recommend Big Lots, Ross, Tj Maxx or your regular fancy super market. If not amazon is also a great place for it.
In fact I will link them for you so you get the right kind because some can be extremely over priced for no reason. In Italy these fancy cookies can vary in price, but unless they are home made at a local pastry shop with premium almonds from Sicily, there is no need to over pay from them.
AMARETTO COOKIES CLICK HERE
And here is the recipe for all of you guys! Happy Days!
Chocolate Amaretto Peach Cake
- 150 grams powder sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 150 grams dark chocolate semi sweet chocolate chips are a perfect alternative
- 75 grams flour
- 3 eggs you can substitute by doing 1 egg and 1 cup of butter.
- 1 cup amaretto cookies crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 peaches pitted, cured and cut in slices Canned peaches can work too
- 3 tbsp milk optional
- Start by melting the chocolate with the milk and the butter. Divide the eggs whites from the yokes. Beat the eggs whites until they are foamy. Add the yokes, salt, flour, powder sugar, and amaretto cookies to the chocolate and melted butter. Mix well, add the eggs whites and gently incorporate all ingredients.Pour half the batter in a pre-greased, 9 inch pan. Evenly distribute the peaches across the whole surface, then cover well with the remaining batter. Bake at 320 fro 50 minutes or until fork inserted comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from http://www.salepepe.it