Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup or a cube of butter softened or at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of chocolate or white chocolate chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. With an electrical mixer cream the two together until sugar has no longer any Cristals and they are nice and smooth and light in color.
- Add the egg and mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Continue by adding all the powders and the vanilla. Mix on low for a few seconds until the are completely mixed in.
- Finish off by gradually adding all the flower. Mix on low at this point until it’s completely mixed in.
- Finish by adding the chocolate chips. Mix them in slowly, just enough so that they are evenly distributed across the batter.
- On two large baking sheets, place a layer of parchment paper, add the cookies. We create rows of 4 and evenly spread them out in order for the cookies not to stick together during the baking process since they will grow quite a bit.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. A rule of thumb is to check if cookies are slightly golden at the bottom. Use a fork or a small spatula to raise one of them up to check real quick.
- Once ready, Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack and they are ready. .
For an added secret and amazing flavor, use half chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips. The white chocolate chips will be an amazing and delicate but perfect pair with the flavor of the pumpkin.