Every spring I order a ton of strawberries so that I can make home made jam for the year for our family. Whenever our box arrives I also cannot resist the urge to eat a bunch of these juicy strawberries straight outta the box, and then make a dessert with them.
Especially if it’s on a Sunday, we cannot resist the urge to make a quick dessert around here.
What we love about this velvety pie is that is not too sweet, and comes with lots of strawberries on top. Who can say no to a serving or two of fruit with their food?
This strawberry dessert with cream cheese doesn’t require any baking which makes it really simple.
I also did not want to go to the store to purchase a graham crust so I googled a few good quick alternatives to the traditional graham crusts, and cereal was our winner this time around. I used Special K cereal. I loved it because it’s extra crunchy and already sweetened which made it for a little bit of a thicker crust at the bottom that stayed put together extremely well.
Other alternatives for a pie crust are also cookies. Basically anything in you pantry that is crunchy and sweet.
Strawberry dessert cream cheese here we go!
Adapted from here.
Strawberries and Cream Dessert
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (I used vegan cream cheese)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 1-2 oz. melted chocolate
- The base of your pie will be a store bought graham crust. If you decide to make your own graham crust, I have added a quick direction for a home made pie crust alternative.
- You can then place it in an 8 inch round metal pan with parchment paper at the bottom. The paper will make it easier to remove the pie and cut it when serving.
- Next up begin by whipping the heavy cream with the confectioner’s sugar until it’s creamy and stiff.
- In a separate bowl mix the light brown sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed until the sugar has blended completely with the cream cheese. Add the whipping cream and mix everything together until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add the cream on top of your graham crust and spread out.
- Wash and hull your strawberries. Place them on top of the cream in a circular pattern evenly spread out.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top. You can use a knife or an empty reusable ketchup type squeeze plastic bottle. You can create circular patterns or zig zag lines. Your inner chef can get creative here. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after preparing it, serve cold and enjoy!
- How to melt chocolate: Place 2 oz. of semisweet chocolate chips in a small microwave safe container. Add a 1 tsp of milk. Warm in the microwave at 30 second intervals, mixing each time in between until it’s melted and soft. Watch it as it melts because if it overheats, chocolate will turn hard and go to waste.
Easy graham crust alternatives. In a food processor, crust 2 cups of Special K cereal. Mix the cereal with 2 Tbsp. of butter and place along the bottom of an 8 inch metal pan. Use a spoon to spread and press down so that the crust will become compact and remain in place.