I grew up with my dad making this apple cake recipe. We make it often and it brings back so many memories for us.
My dad went through a stage after discovering it, where he would make it on a weekly basis. When we go home, to this day he still likes to make it for us. He made it with the kids last time we visited him in 2017 and it was of my favorite memories of the kids with the Nonno.
So if you are looking for an apple cake recipe that will wow your friends and your own taste buds I totally recommend this one. I made a quick video of it and I won’t waste anytime and jump right into sharing!
Youtbe video below as well for a quick tutorial. Will you guys please hit the subscribe button as well? We are trying to get to 100 follows and we would love your support!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Warm Apple Cake Recipe
This warm and soft apple cake recipe. Top with jelly and enjoy!
- 2 apples
- 200 grams flour (1 1/3 cup)
- 200 grams sugar (1 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams butter melted (check on butter package for the grams equivalent amount)
- 1 zest lemon
- orange jelly for garnish
- Start by peeling, coring and slicing the apples. Chop one apple into smaller 1 inch cubes. Or take each slice and cut it in into thirds.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add butter, eggs, and mix. Add the zest of 1 lemon.
- Add the cubed apple.
- Pour batter in a round 8 inch pan. Garnish with the sliced apples on top. Add them into rows as shown in picture above.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserts comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and top with a thin layer of orange or apricot jam. Strawberry is another option as well. Not always my favorite though.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy