This cake is seriously so easy to make and so delicious. Here is a quick video of the day where we made it with the kids. I was having a tough time managing all the kids at once. So Dorian and I got busy baking, while we had Siena read outloud to Davide so she could practice her reading, and David got to listen to his story that is also an assignemnt. It was a busy day, but with some juggling we were able to make the best with our time and get lots of things done all at once. And we got a nice cake out of it.
I have linked a digital scale that you can use to easily make it. It comes in grams. But don’t let it discourage you, it’s worth investing in one and it makes baking a lot easier and precise.
For this dessert you will need a kitchen scale.
You can find one HERE below. I also linked my favorite cooking spray. Works amazing to make sure the cake comes out flawlessly out of the pan.
Here is my go to recipe of yogurt cake:
- 180 grams sugar
- 300 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 120 grams vegetable or peanut oil
- 500 grams yogurt (plan preferred)
- 1 zest lemon
- Start with dry ingredients. Measure and lightly mix. Then add all wet ingredients and the zest of a lemon. Blend really really well until ingredients are all nicely incorporated and no flour is left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Spray a circular 8 inch pan with non stick cooking spray. Add the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes in a conventional oven. 345° in a convection oven for 40-45 minutes.