Don’t ask don’t tell is the policy for this one.
Seriously though I recently stumbled upon the best recipe in the world. I watched my sister make something similar, and when I came back I decided to whip up my own version of it.
The secret ingredient. Have you ever eaten yellow bell peppers? How about your kids, best friend, or a loved one? Do you like Mac and Cheese? Do you not like it?
This recipe seriously works for both. Perfectly vegetarian, nutritious and yummy too.
Moc Mac and Cheese
- Pasta of your choice. We chose the Penne from Barilla brand. You can go whole wheat
- 3 Large size Yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup of broth (we did chicken, you can choose a vegetarian option as well)
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Clean the yellow bell peppers and wash. Cut bell peppers in half. Cut the stem and remove the seeds on the inside.
- Place bell peppers in a crock pot and cook with the broth and salt to taste if you choose to use salt. If you have one, use a pressure cooker and cook bell peppers under the vegetable setting for 10 minutes instead. If using a slow cooker, cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- When dinner hour is approaching cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- After the bell peppers are cooked and tender, transfer them to a blender. Keep the juice in them but don’t pour the excess broth inside of the blender. Blend on medium speed. Add a little bit of the broth from the crock pot until a creamy consistency is achieved if desired and needed. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese and blend together with the sauce. You will have a nice creamy consistency. Not thick, but not so runny that it feels like juice. It’s a thinner sauce than a tomato sauce.
- Blend the sauce with your pasta and garnish with some extra parmesan cheese over it.
- Serve hot and enjoy!