I love risotto. It’s a quick meal that is sure to look fancy. Many feel intimated by it, but I can assure that if you just try it you will see that it’s extremely simple and makes for a sophisticated dinner sure to impress the fanciest of friends.
This risotto recipe is quick and simple and easy on the waist.
So here it is right below. Feel free to print it and use it reuse it. Let me know how it works and if you need any extra tips or tricks when making it.
Simple Risotto Recipe
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 2-3 medium sized zucchini diced or use mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cup of parboil rice
- 2 cups of broth
- Clarified butter or oil
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start by boiling the larger zucchini or mushrooms for 15 minutes. If using the zucchini, process them in the blender with 1/4 cup of water
- In a pan with oil or ghee, sauté the onions. Add the zucchini or mushrooms when onions turn translucent. Proceed by adding 1 1/4 cup of rice. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the wine. Allow to soak in for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth and lower cooking temperature to medium low. Cover the pan and allow to cook. About half the way through add the blended zucchini for the zucchini version. No need to add anything for the mushroom recipe.
- Add the second cup of broth. Cover and allow to cook stirring occasionally. When almost done cooking add 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Mix in and allow to melt and blend in with ingredients. Add salt to taste.
- If necessary add more water until rice is tender in the middle but not too mushy that is falling apart.
- When still a little creamy and when rice is fully cooked, serve hot!