Every spring I order a ton of strawberries so that I can make home made jam for the year for our family. Whenever our box arrives I also cannot resist the urge to eat a bunch of these juicy strawberries straight outta the box, and then made pie with them.
Especially if it’s on a Sunday, we cannot resist the urge to make a quick dessert around here.
What we love about this pie is that is not too sweet and comes with lots of strawberries on top. And who can say no to a serving or two of fruit with their food.
This pie doesn’t require any baking even which makes it really simple.
I also did not want to go to the store to purchase a graham crust so I googled a few good quick alternatives to the traditional graham crusts, and cereal was our winner this time around. I used Special K cereal. I loved it because it’s extra crunchy and already sweetened which made it for a little bit of a thicker crust at the bottom that stayed put together extremely well.
Other alternatives for a pie crust are also cookies. Basically anything in you pantry that is crunchy and sweet.
Chocolate and Cream Strawberry Pie
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese I used vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 1-2 oz. melted chocolate
- The base of your pie will be a store bought graham crust. If you decide to make your own graham crust, I have added a quick direction for a home made pie crust alternative. You can then place it in an 8 inch round metal pan with parchment paper at the bottom. The paper will make it easier to remove the pie and cut it when serving.Next up begin by whipping the heavy cream with the confectioner's sugar until it's creamy and stiff.In a separate bowl mix the light brown sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed until the sugar has blended completely with the cream cheese. Add the whipping cream and mix everything together until it's smooth and creamy. Add the cream on top of your graham crust and spread out.Wash and hull your strawberries. Place them on top of the cream in a circular pattern evenly spread out.Drizzle the melted chocolate on top. You can use a knife or an empty reusable ketchup type squeeze plastic bottle. You can create circular patterns or zig zag lines. Your inner chef can get creative here. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after preparing it, serve cold and enjoy!
Adapted from here.